Apple, one of the leading technology companies in the world, designs and develops a range of computer software, electronics, and online services. Apple products and services are used by millions of consumers all over the globe. Your Apple ID helps to keep your settings and other Apple services updated even if you use multiple devices. Whenever you buy a new Apple device, whether it is an iPhone or an iPad, you will see a prompt asking you to sign in with your Apple ID. Your Apple ID is usually your email address and is the account you use to sign in to all Apple services. This article will give you an insight into how you can log in to different Apple services using your Apple ID. If you encounter any login error, or if you forgot your password you can call the Apple Customer Support number and speak to a professional software expert to resolve the issue.
Steps to login with Apple ID
Before you use your Apple ID to sign in, you need to make sure your Apple device is updated, and you have the latest iOS. Once you update your iOS software, you can refer to the steps below to sign in using your Apple ID:
- Step 1: Switch on your Apple device and go to the main settings.
- Step 2: Look for the option that reads ‘Sign in to your [device].”
- Step 3: Enter your Apple ID (email or phone number) in the field provided.
- Step 4: Type the password for your Apple account in the space provided.
- Step 5: In case you enabled two-factor authentication, follow the prompts.
- Step 6: Enter the six-digit verification code sent to your registered device and complete the sign-in process.
If you use iOS 10.3 or later you can sign in to almost all Apple services, including iCloud, iTunes and App Store, from the same place.
Steps to login in with Apple ID separately
In case your device uses iOS 10.2 (or an earlier version) you will need to sign in to the different Apple services separately. You can have a look at the instructions given below and use your Apple ID to sign in to the service you want:
- iCloud: Open the settings, click ‘iCloud’ & enter the Apple ID and password
- iMessage: Click settings, turn on ‘iMessage’ and then tap ‘Send & Receive.’
- FaceTime: Select ‘Use your Apple ID for FaceTime’ and enter the login data
- iTunes & App Store: Simply click ‘iTunes & Apps Store’ and enter the Apple ID and password.
If you have any trouble signing in to your account using your Apple ID or if you forgot the ID or password, you can call the Apple Support Number and ask for additional technical assistance. A team of trained Apple software experts and technicians are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you the best solution to troubleshoot any error you may face while using your Apple device.