When working on the SEO of a web page, we find two fundamental aspects. On the other hand, we find off-page SEO, actions carried out on other web pages that have the objective of linking to our site. In this last section, you will find the link building actions.
In this post we are going to show you what the concept of link building refers to and why it is important to develop a good strategy on your website. Also discover some keys to carry it out effectively!
Link building refers to the construction of links from other web pages, forums or directories, which points to our website. However, not just any link is valid, since it is necessary that these come from quality pages, with traffic and that they are 100% natural.
These links can be considered both do-follow and no-follow. The do-follow is used by search engines to follow the pages they link to and discover new content on the Internet. It is a way in which Google gives a vote of confidence to said website. This does not happen with no-follow links, since Google does not follow them. The latter will only provide us with web traffic.
For this reason, the creation of an effective link strategy can greatly help us improve the SEO of our website, attract quality traffic and be considered by Google as a relevant and authoritative website.
How To Design A Good Link Building Strategy
There are different strategies when it comes to getting links that point to our website. SEO Company Austin tell you some keys so you can carry it out effectively!
Choose Carefully The Pages That Link To Your Web
Not all domains are valid for an effective link building strategy. We recommend that you carry out an exhaustive search for those websites where the creation of a link to your website may be interesting. These domains must be of quality, as well as be related to the theme that we seek to link.
How Can We Determine The Quality Of The Websites That Link To Us?
- In the first place, we must take into account the theme, since the more specialized it is, the more we will be able to reach our target audience.
- In addition, this domain must have a good content ratio, so that it is well valued by Google.
- Another aspect to take into account is the originality of the text in question.
- If it also has multimedia elements, it can be a point in favor for its best evaluation.
How To Create A Strategy For Getting Links
How to get other websites to point to your site? In most cases, these links are usually paid. The media usually have a price established when it comes to including third-party links. This price will depend on your authority, volume of traffic, whether or not you have to create a new text to include the link, etc.
However, there are other free Link Building strategies that allow us to create quality links. Among them we can highlight some of the following:
- Business directories: Although it is not one of the most effective strategies, it is true that for some companies that are beginning to gain positioning in Google, registering in certain business directories can be a great option to start having backlinks pointing to your website.
- Comments on blogs and forums: Most of the links in forums and blogs are usually nofollow, that is, they do not transmit authority to your website. However, when these are located on specialized pages in your sector, it can be a very good option to get qualified traffic.
- Links to profiles: Many platforms with great authority allow the creation of profiles with the inclusion of a link to a website. We recommend that you sign up for one of them and include a link to your main domain.
- Perform Guestposting: There are blogs that allow other guest authors to create original content that is published on said blog. Choose websites with themes similar to yours, write quality content and link it to your website. This will allow you to get visibility and quality traffic.
- Product submission: Do you have the opportunity to offer your products to some bloggers in exchange for advertising on their website? If so, try submitting a product in exchange for a review on their blog. If your product is good, they will link to you without any doubt.
Pay Attention To The Anchor Text And URL
It is common for most of your links to be branded or empty (including only the URL of your site). Try to reverse this trend in the new links that you create towards your website. Combine several key terms and you will gain in positioning.
The URL you link to is also relevant. In most cases, this will be the primary domain. However, there are times when if you are looking to link to a specific anchor text, it is convenient that you do so with the URL with which they are positioning said term. This can be for example a product category page. Combine various URLs in your external linking strategy.
Now that you know how to carry out a good Link Building strategy, we recommend that you start carrying it out on your website. At the SEO Company Austin we can help you with Link Building techniques so that Google doesn’t penalize you and so you can improve your organic positioning!