Though darkness is absolute, people have found different ways to express their appreciation for it. There are many works based on themes of shadows and blackness that we can’t help but appreciate even if they’re dark themselves! In search for light in an environment full-filled with nothing but dark sides ? I’ve got just what you need – some beautiful quotes about how important this contrast between good vs. bad really seems sometimes.
Read More About : https://contacthelp.co.uk/
Go through these darkness quotes that we are sure you will appreciate.
1.”Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “To prejudge other men’s notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes.” – John Locke.
- “I don’t want to be alone In the darkness anymore.” – Eminem, ‘Darkness’.
- “The darkness declares the glory of light.” – T. S. Eliot.
- ‘There are darkness’s in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” – Bram Stoker.
- “Darkness approaches from outside. I feel no light inside me strong enough to resist it.” – Christopher Pike.
- “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung.
- “I know a thing or two about pain and darkness.” – Twenty One Pilots, ‘Lane Boy’.
- “I have come to lead you to the other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice.” – Dante.
- “All darkness vanished, when I saw the lamp within my heart.”- Kabir
- “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.”- William L. Watkinson.
- “What hurts you blesses you. Darkness is your candle. Your boundaries are your quest.”- Rumi.
- “There is something in even the darkest situations that we can make a positive in our lives.”- Deborah Norville.
- “No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”- Terry Pratchett
- “Education is the movement from darkness to light.” – Allan Bloom.
- “Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.”
- “Understanding does not cure evil, but it is a definite help, inasmuch as one can cope with a comprehensible darkness!” – Carl Jung.
- “The Prince of Darkness is a gentleman!”- William Shakespeare, ‘King Lear’.
- “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”- Mary Oliver.
- “Hello darkness, my old friend! I’ve come to talk with you again!” – Simon & Garfunkel, ‘Sound Of Silence’.
- “I walk in the darkness so that others may see the light.” – Unknown.*
- “Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man; by then it was nothing to me but blinding.” – Tom Hardy as Bane, ‘The Dark Knigh Rises’.
- “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” – Anne Frank.
- “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness’s of other people.” – Carl Jung.
- “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, and dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”- Edgar Allan Poe.